This tutorial is about How to Connect a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Connect a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Connect a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV
Almost all technology today includes a feature known as screen mirroring, which allows users to project information from the screen of one device to the screen of another. AirPlay is the word for screen mirroring on Apple devices, which can also be known by other names. Even though AirPlay is an Apple feature, it has been considerably easier to connect devices from other manufacturers and operating systems since the release of AirPlay 2 in 2018. In most cases, if you have a Samsung Smart TV from 2018 or later, you will be able to use AirPlay. To use AirPlay on your iPhone, first select “Screen Mirroring” in Control Center to mirror your entire iPhone screen; then, from within certain apps, click the AirPlay icon to stream content from your iPhone to the TV. An alternative way to achieve the same result is to connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV via HDMI. That’s how the job gets done.
How to connect a Samsung phone to a Samsung TV
Screen mirroring with the Samsung SmartThings app
Before you begin, make sure your smartphone and TV are on the same wireless network, and make sure your TV is turned on and connected to your SmartThings account.
- Open the SmartThings app on your Samsung smartphone.
- On the Dashboard, select your TV.
- Select More options (three dots) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Screen mirroring (Smart View).
- You will see the content of your phone on your TV screen.
Stream content to your Samsung TV
Another way to view content from your Samsung phone on your Samsung TV is to cast the screen through a Chromecast device and the Google Home app. To do this:
- Plug in the Chromecast device and turn on the TV.
- Set the TV input to HDMI.
- From the Google Home app, select Add> Set up device, then follow the prompts to set up your Chromecast.
- Select and open a Chromecast-enabled app on your phone, and then tap the Cast button.
- Enjoy your broadcast content on your TV.
Screen mirroring with Samsung Smart View
The Samsung Smart View app is another way to mirror content from your Samsung smartphone to your Samsung TV. As of October 2020, Samsung no longer supports this app as it focuses on the SmartThings app and ecosystem. While new users can’t download Smart View after October 2020, those who have the app can still use it to mirror their phone screen to their TV. Optionally use a streaming dongle, such as Chromecast, with Smart View.
- Make sure your Samsung smartphone and Samsung Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- From your phone, drag down the notification bar to see the app’s shortcut menu.
- Slide to find and tap Smart View.
- Choose your Samsung TV. You will see the screen of your Samsung smartphone or tablet on the TV.
- When you’re done, tap Smart View on your phone to sign out and stop mirroring.
Wi-Fi Screen Mirroring
If you have older Samsung devices that don’t support SmartThings or Smart View, it’s still possible to mirror your phone’s content to your Samsung TV. To get started, for some older models, press the Source button on the remote, then select Screen Mirroring. For other models, press Menu on the remote, then select Network> Screen mirroring.
- Drag down the notification bar on the Samsung phone.
- Select Screen Mirroring (on some devices, select Quick Connect).
- Your device searches for available devices to connect to. Choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- If a PIN appears on the TV screen, enter the number on your smartphone when prompted.
- Once the connection is established, you can open most apps and programs from your Samsung smartphone, and the apps are mirrored to your Samsung Smart TV.
Final words: How to Connect a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV
I hope you understand this article, How to Connect a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.
#Connect #Samsung #Phone #Samsung #Tip